Our staff are our most valuable asset. We are always looking for keen, ambitious and technically minded individuals to bring a wide range of skills to our team.
Discovery’s core areas of work are Geotechnics, Civil Engineering, Contaminated Land, Remediation and Waste Management. However, please note that we also work in more unusual areas such as Remote Monitoring/Sensing, GIS, CAD, Project Management, Software Development and many other changing fields.
If you believe you have the relevant qualifications, skills and ideas which you are keen to develop, then please get in touch with us.
We expect you to have a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering Geology, Geotechnical Engineering or Geology and preferably possess an MSc or higher qualification in a related specialist field.
If you are the sort of person who relishes a challenge and are interested in working with us, please send a up-to-date CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or telephone us during office hours for an informal chat.
Assistant Geotechnical Engineer and Geotechnical Engineer wanted!
Discovery CE is a small Geo-environmental Consultancy with an expanding client base and exciting workload. We are now looking for an Assistant Geotechnical Engineer and Geotechnical Engineer who is looking to start their career within a friendly and ambitious environment.
You will work on site (nationwide) and in the office on Geotechnical and Geo-environmental investigations and gain experience of interpretative reporting on a wide variety of projects. You should be well organised and relatively independent and have a strong focus on problem solving. The successful candidate will be flexible and keen to take a pro-active role in all aspects of the company operations and development. Duties will include but not be limited to:
• Site based support of ground investigations, including supervision of sub-contractors and providing assistance to sub-contractors as required.
• Fieldwork including soil logging, geotechnical soils testing and scheduling.
• Gas and groundwater monitoring and sampling.
• Data collation, review and interpretation.
• Preparation of factual and interpretative desk study and ground investigation reports.
• Providing logistics assistance to more senior staff.
• Ensuring that all work is delivered in line with procedures and processes and to the highest safety, health and environmental standards.
• Management of sample storage and despatch to geotechnical and chemical testing laboratories.
The successful candidate will be:
• Able to communicate effectively, listen and engage, including communicating technical information effectively.
• Able to innovate and develop in your technical area and to continually seek to improve performance in all aspects of your role.
• Be physically fit and able to carry out labour roles as required.
• Be fully flexible to work across the UK for specific projects or longer-term assignments.
• In possession of a full clean UK driving licence.
• For the Assistant Engineer Role 1 to 2 years experience is preferable.
• For the Engineer Role the successful candidate will have between 2 and 5 years experience.
Candidates should possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering Geology, Geotechnical Engineering or Geology and preferably possess an MSc or higher qualification in a related specialist field. Consideration will be given to candidates from related fields.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000.00-£26,000.00 per year for the Assistant Engineer Role and £25,000 to £32,000 for the Engineer role.